The foundational concepts within the Performance Excellence framework have spawned a few specialized programs to assess and improve the systems and processes within macro and micro organizational environments. PENW partners directly with the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program to offer them to you.
The links below provide additional information on specialty programs. For specific questions, contact PENW at email@example.com or call 888-912-PENW (7369) and we’ll get back to you by the end of the next business day.
Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder
The Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder (BCEB) is a self-assessment tool to help organizations better understand the effectiveness of their cybersecurity risk management efforts, and identity improvement opportunities in the context of their overall organizational performance. This self-assessment tool blends organizational assessment approaches from the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program (BPEP) with the concepts and principles of the Cybersecurity Framework developed by National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Applied Cybersecurity Division (ACD).
- Determine cybersecurity-related activities that are important to your business strategy and critical service delivery
- Prioritize your investments in managing cybersecurity risk
- Determine how best to enable your workforce, customers, suppliers, partners, and collaborators to be risk conscious and security aware, and to fulfill their cybersecurity roles and responsibilities
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of your use of cybersecurity standards, guidelines, and practices
- Assess the cybersecurity results you achieve
- Identify strengths to leverage and priorities for improvement
Communities of Excellence
The Communities of Excellence (COE) framework was conceived in 2012 by two CEOs who were former recipients of the National Baldrige Quality Award. They believed the systems-oriented approach could be effective in uniting sectors and leaders across a community and produce positive results to key areas of performance such as educational attainment, economic vitality, public health and community safety. Today, COEs are starting on the West Coast, Midwest and Atlantic Coast and many points in between.
More information about COEs can be found using these links:
- The Need for Fundamental Change
- Frequent Questions
- The Communities of Excellence Framework
- Assessment and Recognition Program Overview
- National Learning Collaborative
PENW is partnering with COE2026 to bring the Communities of Excellence Framework to the Northwest region. If you are interested in convening a group of leaders in your community to collaborate, optimize and build sustainable systems that span across organizations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-912-PENW (7369).