Like other high performance organizations, PENW’s Mission, Vision, Values and Core Competencies drive and shape its strategic direction.
- Vision: Be recognized as the premier resource for advancing performance excellence in the Pacific Northwest
- Mission: Using the Baldrige Performance Excellence Framework and other improvement tools, partner with leaders to bring information, resources, knowledge and best practices to their organization.
- Values: Customer Driven, Shared Learning, Social Responsibility, Integrity and Partnership
- Core Competencies: an extensive knowledge of the Baldrige Performance Excellence framework expressed through the experience of the Board of Directors (BOD), Judges, Senior Examiners and Executive Director.
These statements are revisited and updated annually during Strategic Planning to ensure PENW is doing everything possible to better service its stakeholders while creating a community of learning.
The 2020 Performance Excellence Northwest Strategy Map summarizes the organization’s Key Objectives to realize its Mission, Vision & Values & Core Competencies.
In 2020, an array of strategic objectives are propelling PENW toward its Vision in the following areas:
- Recruiting, Developing and Optimizing Workforce Resources
- Board of Directors
- Document, assess and improve core work systems
- Organizational Assessment
- Educational Program Development
- Increase customer satisfaction, engagement & retention
- Training & Education
- Customer Service
- Website & Communications
- Develop a Sustainable Financial Position
- Annual Learning Symposium
- Attract aligned Symposium Sponsors
- Education & Training Services
- Corporate Membership
- Individual Membership
We are excited to hear from you about how we’re doing, unmet needs you have and success stories from your organizational and personal experiences using the PE Framework. This information is essential to our annual Strategic Planning process that begins every fall (Oct-Dec). Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com.
Walking the Talk
In full transparency, PENW refreshed its Organizational Profile to reflect the demands of the current strategic and operational environment in the fall of 2019. In the fall of 2020, PENW has plans to develop and submit a Lite Application and receive Performance Excellence-base feedback. In 2021, we are planning to take the feedback and use it to make improvements to develop a Full Application in 2022.