For Organizations Early in their Performance Excellence Journey
Take the First Step: Write a Lite Application
The Lite Assessment Program is an entry-level opportunity to begin applying the Baldrige Performance Excellence Framework to your organization. The Lite Application uses the Baldrige Excellence Builder, which addresses Performance Excellence questions at the Basic and Overall level, or “systems” level, while introducing the organization to the most important features of Performance Excellence.
Organizations who are interested in completing a Lite Application should consider the Pathways to Excellence Program. This program was developed using PENW customer feedback and national regional program best practices. It is specifically designed for organizations early in their performance excellence journey to develop the Organizational Profile and provide guidance and support for submitting a Lite Application.
All PENW applications are reviewed in strict confidence and the assigned assessment team is screened for Conflicts of Interest.
Lite Application Requirements
The Lite Application consists of:
- Title/cover page
- Copy of your approved Intent to Apply, including payment receipt from PayPal
- Copy of your application payment receipt from PayPal
- Table of contents
- Organizational chart
- Glossary of Terms, Acronyms & Abbreviations
- 5-page Organizational Profile
- 20-page Responses to Baldrige Excellence Builder questions
Steps for Submitting a Lite Application
- Download the latest version of the Baldrige Excellence Builder. This document includes the questions to respond to in your application.
- Review Application Guidelines (add link to document).
- Plan at least 1-3 months to prepare the Lite Application; time varies based on experience with the process and resources allocated by the organization.
- Attend PENW Education and Training Offerings based on your learning needs
- Online Intent-to-Apply form is due on the 1st day of each quarter: January, April, July and October.
- Lite Applications are accepted 90 day after approval for one year on the 1st day of each quarter: January, April, July and October.
Lite Application Cycle Time Table
Milestones Days, Week, Months in the cycles
Deadline for Lite Applications to be Sent to PENW
January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1
Applications Mailed to Examiners
Independent Reviews Due to PENW
Consensus Meetings or Calls
Consensus Scorebook Complete and Due to PENW
PENW Sends Feedback Report to Applicant
|Milestones||Days, Week, Months in the cycles|
|Deadline for Lite Applications to be Sent to PENW||January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1|
|Applications Mailed to Examiners||Week 1|
|Independent Reviews Due to PENW||Week 7|
|Consensus Meetings or Calls||Week 10|
|Consensus Scorebook Complete and Due to PENW||Week 11|
|PENW Sends Feedback Report to Applicant||Week 14|
|Executive briefing||4th month|
Lite Application Fees
Number of Employees Application Fee
|Number of Employees||Application Fee|
Contact PENW if you have any questions when preparing or submitting your Lite Application, write firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-912-PENW (7369).