2019/20 Examiner Training Applications
Thank you for your interest in participating in a nationally recognized group of leaders for the Baldrige based training as an examiner for the Performance Excellence Northwest (PENW) and Washington State Quality Award (WSQA) programs. Your participation in the excellence journey provides a valuable service to the region (Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington). If you work in business, education, healthcare, or nonprofits/government, you possess experience in most of the Baldrige categories. We encourage you to complete this application and join the board of examiners today!
Becoming a PENW Examiner is tremendous professional development opportunity that can serve you and your employer for years to come. It’s a humbling commitment and one that we hold with great respect; organizations are inviting us into assess their performance against the Baldrige framework and in turn we offer them feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) regarding next steps on their improvement journey. To help New Examiners better understand the time commitment, you find a brief outline below. Again, MOST examiners will be assigned to a Lite Application to reduce the workload and increase content application. Should you have any questions, please reach to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to respond with more information or give you a call.
Examiner Time Commitment
|wdt_ID||ACTIVITY||FULL (hours)||LITE (hours)|
Training (4 hours virtual, 16 hours face-to-face)
Pre-work (after virtual training, before classroom)
|4||Consensus Preparation: Conment wWriting||8–16||4|
|5||Participation in Consensus Meeting(s)||8||
PENW Examiner Training
Once you have submitted your Examiner Application, you are eligible to take the Examiner Training course. The PENW Examiner Training schedule mirrors the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program’s two-day format. You will be expected to have the homework done in order to attend the class. All PENW Examiners and Judges are required to take examiner training each year to stay current (same as National Examiner training requirements).
We have three groups of PENW Examiners. Their training requirements and cost are listed below:
- NEW Examiners = volunteers who have never attended training
- Training requirements are in two parts; virtual and face-to-face. Four (4) hours of virtual training and two 8-hour days in face-to-face training, with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $199
- Examiner RECERTIFICATION = volunteers who have attended training, but have not yet served on a team
- Training requirements are in two parts; virtual and face-to-face. Four (4) hours of virtual training and one 8-hour day in face-to-face training, with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $99
- RETURNING Examiners = volunteers who have attended training and have served on a team
- Training requirements are virtual ONLY. Four (4) hours of virtual training with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $50
2019-2020 Examiner Workshops are planned for Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
Instructors (vary by site): Kevin Kreitman, Kevin McManus, Theron Post, Allison Sesnon, Dee Springer and other PENW volunteers.
Please fill out most appropriate application