PENW Examiner Training
Once you have submitted your Examiner Application, you are eligible to take the Examiner Training course. The PENW Examiner Training schedule mirrors the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program’s two-day format. You will be expected to have the homework done in order to attend the class. All PENW Examiners and Judges are required to take examiner training each year to stay current (same as National Examiner training requirements).
We have three groups of PENW Examiners. Their training requirements and cost are listed below:
- NEW Examiners = volunteers who have never attended training
- Training requirements are in two parts; virtual and face-to-face. Four (4) hours of virtual training and two 8-hour days in face-to-face training, with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $199
- Examiner RECERTIFICATION = volunteers who have attended training, but have not yet served on a team
- Training requirements are in two parts; virtual and face-to-face. Four (4) hours of virtual training and one 8-hour day in face-to-face training, with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $99
- RETURNING Examiners = volunteers who have attended training and have served on a team
- Training requirements are virtual ONLY. Four (4) hours of virtual training with homework and a case study review assignment.
- Cost = $50
2019-2020 Examiner Workshops are planned for Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Click the links below to register TODAY!
Instructors (vary by site): Kevin Kreitman, Kevin McManus, Theron Post, Allison Sesnon, Dee Springer and other PENW volunteers.
Be sure to sign up as an examiner by completing the examiner form you receive in the introductory email.
Examiner Training Materials
- Introduction to Performance Excellence Workshop
- 2019-2020 Baldrige Excellence Framework
- 2019-2020 Baldrige Excellence Builder
- PENW Examiner Training Pre-work 2019
- Lite Application Case Study
Full Application Cycle Timetable
|Deadline for Full Application Intent to Apply||10/01/2020|
|Deadline for Full Application to be Sent to PENW||01/02/2021|
|Applications Mailed to Examiners||01/08/2021|
|Independent Reviews Due to PENW||02/01/2021|
|Consensus Meetings or Calls||03/01/2021|
|Site Visit Preparation and Training||04/01/2021|
|Site Visit (approximate; dates determined by PENW & Applicant)||05/01/2021|
|Award Level Determination by Board||06/01/2021|
|Recognition @ PENW Annual Learningy Symposium||Fall 2021|
Lite Application Cycle Time Table
|Milestones||Days, Week, Months in the cycles|
|Deadline for Lite Applications to be Sent to PENW||January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1|
|Applications Mailed to Examiners||Week 1|
|Independent Reviews Due to PENW||Week 7|
|Consensus Meetings or Calls||Week 10|
|Consensus Scorebook Complete and Due to PENW||Week 11|
|PENW Sends Feedback Report to Applicant||Week 14|
|Executive briefing||4th month|