Two Application Alternatives: Lite and Full
The Lite Application is an entry-level opportunity to begin applying the Baldrige Excellence Framework to your organization. It consists of a title/cover page, copy of Intent to Apply form, table of contents, one-page organizational chart, glossary of terms and acronyms/abbreviations, five-page organizational profile, and 20 pages (maximum) in response to the 2019-20 version of the Excellence Builder.
The Full Application consists of a title/cover page, copy of Intent to Apply form, table of contents, one-page organizational chart, glossary of terms and acronyms/abbreviations, a five-page organizational profile, and 50 pages (maximum) in response to the 2019-20 version of the Baldrige Excellence Framework. Once your organization is prepared to move to the national stage, the Full Application used by PENW mirrors what is required at the national level.
Steps for Submitting Application
All applications are received and reviewed in strict confidence.
- Contact PENW for the latest information and access to criteria.
- Gain education in understanding the criteria by attending the Introduction to Baldrige workshop.
- Take Organizational Profile Development workshop (optional)
- Review PENW Intent to Apply and Application Guidelines.
- Complete the Intent to Apply form and mail to PENW at least three (3) months prior to submitting your application, including the Intent to Apply fee of $200.00. The Intent to Apply reserves a specific quarter for your Lite application to be reviewed by PENW examiners.
- Download the appropriate criteria for your application
A. For the Lite application, download the free Baldrige Excellence Builder.
B. For the Full application, download the Baldrige Excellence Framework ($12 fee).
- Request assistance in preparing your application. We can refer you to workshops and consultants to help prepare your application.
- Submit your application with payment (see application fees)
A. Lite application can be submitted at any time.
B. Full application must be submitted by October 1 for a January 1 application.
Intent to Apply Forms
For all applications, please submit this Intent to Apply Form.
Send the completed form, with $200.00 fee, payable to PENW to:
Performance Excellence Northwest
Post Office Box 5941,
Kent, Washington 98064-5941
Or, pay online with paypal.
A receipt will automatically be generated. Please submit the receipt along with a copy of your Intent to Apply form.
For more information about deadlines and fees, please go to Timetables & Fees.
Compare Lite and Full Application
|wdt_ID||Application Summary||Lite Application||Full Application|
|1||Intent to Apply Form||
Required. Accepted throughout the year, no fewer than 3 months prior to application submission date. Valid for one year. $200 fee
Required by October 1 (of previous year) $200 Fee
|2||Application Submission Dates||
A limited number of applications are reviewed each quarter.
|3||Criteria used to create application||
Lite (Assessment) Criteria from the Baldrige Excellence Builder
Full Criteria from the Baldrige Excellence Framework
|4||Version of Criteria Accepted||
Application submitted must be in response to the 2019-20 Baldrige Excellence Builder questions
Application submitted must be in response to the 2019-20 Baldrige Framework criteria
|5||Organizational Profile||Required; Up to 5 pages||Required; Up to 5 pages|
Maximum 20 pages, excluding the Organizational Profile, Organizational Chart and Glossary of Terms.
Minimum font size 11 pt Charts and graphs minimum 9 pt.
Include in your submission packet:
• Intent to Apply Form
• Organizational Chart (1 page)
• Glossary of Terms
• Organizational Profile (5 pages)
• Response to Categories 1 – 7 (20 pages)
Maximum 50 pages, excluding the Organizational Profile, Organizational Chart and Glossary of Terms.<