The PENW Program
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
Excel at Your Own Pace
When you commit to the assessment process, you start your organization on an exciting journey to improve its performance, with the actionable feedback needed to excel. Performance Excellence Northwest’s Performance Excellence program is open to any organization throughout the Northwest, at any stage of development—from non-profits and businesses to healthcare organizations and school systems.
Regardless of your current size or level of business success, PENW works with you to assess your strengths and opportunities for improvement. We can help you become more effective, competitive and sustainable, using a proven organizational performance model: The Baldrige Excellence Framework. Whether you submit a Lite or Full Application, you set your pace and we provide the roadmap to identify and improve what is critical to your success.
- Lite Application: Use this to assess your organization against the most important aspects of organizational performance excellence and answer key questions about your core values and concepts.
- Full Application: Use this more comprehensive application to dig deeper into the details that will empower your organization to accomplish its mission, improve results and become more competitive.
Enjoy the Results of Performance Excellence
The Performance Excellence program helps organizations clearly define their performance goals. Once you are ready to submit a Full Application, we can help you improve employee engagement, customer loyalty, profitability and your ability to deliver on the mission—whether that is delivering world-class healthcare, improving the welfare of citizens, delivering better outcomes for students, or serving customers better.
Once you are ready to start on your journey to excellence, the program begins with an Intent to Apply for submission of a Lite or Full Application, a requirement for many non-profits in Washington State seeking grant funding. Learn more about our Building Blocks to get started.
Get Recognition for Your Commitment
To validate your efforts and benchmark your performance during your journey, we recognize the following achievement levels for your organization:
- Certificate of Commitment: For organizations that have fulfilled the requirements of the Lite Application or the first level of the Full Application, this certificate recognizes that you are beginning to adopt and apply the performance excellence principles defined by the Baldrige Excellence Framework.
- Achievement Level: This intermediate level recognition is for those organizations submitting a full application that have demonstrated significant progress towards excellence and implementing processes for continuous improvement.
- Leadership Level: This is an advanced level for organizations submitting a full application that have demonstrated significant progress towards implementing the proven best practices identified in the Baldrige Excellence Framework.
- Excellence Level: This level recognizes organizations submitting a full application that have demonstrated the highest level of excellence. It’s at this level your organization should consider working with the national Baldrige Performance Excellence program, which leads to opportunities for national recognition with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s only Presidential award for performance excellence.